* Hexy is low cost, 4-10x less expensive than other hexapod kits
* Hexy is easy to control with commands like “rotate right 40 degrees” and program moves as text files
* Hexy is easy to assemble with full step-by-step tutorials, geared towards the high school level and above
* Hexy is completely Arduino-compatible; the Servotor32 controller uses the same chip as the Arduino Leonardo
* Hexy comes with demo moves pre-available; have it dance immediately once built and more!
ArcBotics’ Hexy the Hexapod is a fully articulated hexapod robot kit. Hexy has six legs, 19 servo motors and is powered by Arduino, while maintaining a price 4-10x less expensive than current hexapod robots. It makes complex robotics less costly, easier to learn with the tutorials and documentation, while being radically more fun (and cute!). At the same time its built with completely open source hardware and software, making discovery and extension as easy as building it in the first place. Hexy has been featured on Engadget, Wired, New York Times, MAKE and more. Use it to learn advanced robotics concepts like inverse kinematics, or use pre-built code to have it march to your bidding. Build it using the high-quality picture filled tutorials and it is ready to walk, play and dance with pre-built demos. Adding moves is as easy as opening and editing a text file and moves are easily share-able as simple text files. Your Hexy kit includes: Blue acrylic laser-cut pieces (1 extra set of legs). 20 servos (18 for legs, 1 for eyes, 1 extra). 1 ultrasonic distance sensor eyes. 1 Arduino-based Servotor32 robot controller capable of controlling up to 32 servos. All the screws and nuts needed to assemble the kit, with extras. Extra set of carbon gear servo replacements. Bluetooth module that plugs straight into the Servotor32 robot controller. Recommended for ages 15 and up.